A Magnificent Five Bedroom Period Semi Detached, built around the 1860s, with over 3000sqft of accommodation over four floors including Converted Basement. The house is vast and steeped in history, originally forming part of one large detached house it was extended around 1890 and later on split into Two Semi Detached Houses. The property has a wonderful amount of period features retained which include gorgeous marble, cast iron and tiled fireplaces, deep pitched skirting boards, beautiful stained glass, sash windows, intricate coved ceilings, stripped wooden floors, and stripped internal doors. There is such a perfect amount of family accommodation, two reception rooms, family sized fitted kitchen and a beautiful orangery to the ground floor, the useable converted basement provides two further rooms plus a shower/steam room and W.C., in addition to the Five Bedrooms and Two Bathrooms on the upper floors. The third bedroom is accessed via its own separate staircase and has ample walk-in storage space, bedrooms four and five also have their own staircase. There are many areas of the house which are especially impressive in size but on entering the property the large square Hallway with sweeping staircase simply makes you think 'Perfect for a Christmas Tree'! To the front of the property there is a gravelled driveway providing parking for several vehicles. The rear of the property has a beautiful private, well stocked, walled garden with paved seating area. The location is ideal, being within a short distance of the Town Centre and close to several of the popular schools. Viewing is absolutely essential to appreciate what this elegant residence has to offer!
Enquire About this Property